Often issues may arise as to the question of the paternity of a child. Under the Family Law Act there are certain presumptions that apply to parentage.
1) The presumption of marriage.
2) The presumption of cohabitation.
3) The presumption of paternity from the register of Births Deaths and Marriages.
4) The presumption from a Court Order.
5) The presumption from acknowledgment of the Father.
Paternity can be assessed quite easily with a DNA test if you have concerns surrounding paternity, this may be that you are or not included on the birth certificate or if you believe you are the father or not the father of a child then contact us to discuss your circumstances.
On the Sunshine Coast, servicing Birtinya, Maroochydore, Caloundra, Noosa and all surrounds.